Recovery involves making the most out of a life that has been rescued from addiction including restoring healthy relationships with family and friends. For chemically dependent fathers, establishing and repairing relationships with their children is an important part of their recovery. Their kids benefit too.
Kids WITHOUT Fathers are:
- 37% more likely to abuse drugs
- 9 times more likely to drop out of high school
- 5 times more likely to commit suicide
- 2.5 times more likely to become a teen parent
- 2 times more likely to commit a crime
- 2 times more likely to live in poverty
Kids WITH Father Involvement Have:
- Lower levels of drug & alcohol use
- Better cognitive outcomes, even as infants
- Higher self-esteem and less depression
- Higher academic achievement
- High levels of pro-social behavior
Haymarket’s Pathway to Responsible Fatherhood Program was created to help fathers by promoting:
Individual counseling, case management, and curriculum-based training using Creating Lasting Family Connections helps fathers resolve conflicts and increase communication skills with their children and mothers of their children.
Curriculum-based training using 24/7 DADS and Boot Camp for New Dads helps fathers develop the skills and attributes they need to be good fathers 24 –hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week.
Job readiness training, case management, and job coaching provided through Haymarket’s Ann F. Baum Family Enrichment Center, helps fathers find jobs so they can support their children including on-site employment through Haymarket’s Recovery Works Program.